Sayed Amir Hoseini
I am an Associate Lecturer at the University of New South Wales at ADFA-Canberra. I completed my BSc in Electronic Engineering at the Isfahan University of Technology, Iran in 2008 and my MSc in Electronics and Communication Engineering at the Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran in 2011. I completed my PhD in Computer Science and Engineering at the University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney) in 2017. I was a sessional lecturer at UNSW, University of Sunshine Coast, and Federation University in Sydney in 2018 and 2019. In 2019, I joined the Central Queensland University in Sydney as a Lecturer. Since mid-2020. I have joined the School of Engineering and Information Technology at UNSW-Canberra.
- Our new piece of work on PLS is accepted at 27th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2022). “Network-Controlled Physical-Layer Security: Enhancing Secrecy Through Friendly Jamming”. [PDF]
- My paper entitled “A Practical Implementation of Physical Layer Security in Wireless Network” is accepted on IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC) 2022. [PDF][YouTube Demo]
- My paper on UAV wireless recharging is published in MDPI-Drones (Q1 journal): “In-situ MIMO-WPT Recharging of UAVs using Intelligent Flying Energy Sources”. [link]
- My recent work on the Physical layer Security of the WIFI network is demonstrated on Youtube [link].
- My journal paper “Analyzing the Impact of Molecular Re-Radiation on the MIMO Capacity in High-Frequency Bands” is accepted by IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology [link].
- My recent practical work on the software-defined wireless network is available on my Github [link].
My Research Interests
- Software defined Wireless LAN
- Physical Layer Security
- UAV-Assisted Wireless Communications
- mmWave and terahertz
- Reinforcement Learning in Wireless Communications
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Parastoo Sadeghi, Faycal Bouhafs, Neda Aboutorab, and Frank den Hartog. Network-Controlled Physical-Layer Security: Enhancing Secrecy Through Friendly Jamming. In 27th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2022), Greece, June 2022. (PDF)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Faycal Bouhafs, and Frank den Hartog. A Practical Implementation of Physical Layer Security in Wireless Networks. In IEEE 19th Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC) (CCNC 2022), 2022. (PDF).
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Jahan Hassan, Ayub Bokani, and Salil S Kanhere. In Situ MIMO-WPT Recharging of UAVs Using Intelligent Flying Energy Sources. Drones 5, no. 3: 89, September 2021. (PDF)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Ayub Bokani, Jahan Hassan, Shavbo Salehi, and Salil S Kanhere. Energy and Service-priority aware Trajectory Design for UAV-BSs using Double Q-Learning. In 2021 IEEE 18th Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC) (CCNC 2021), 2020. (PDF)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Ming Ding, Mahbub Hassan, and Youjia Chen. Analyzing the Impact of Molecular Re-Radiation on the MIMO Capacity in High-Frequency Bands. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2020. (PDF) (doi:10.1109/TVT.2020.3041488)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Jahan Hassan, Ayub Bokani, and Salil S Kanhere. Trajectory Optimization of Flying Energy Sources using Q-Learning to Recharge Hotspot UAVs. In IEEE INFOCOM 2020 – IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS), pages 683–688, 2020. (PDF) (doi:10.1109/INFOCOMWKSHPS50562.2020.9162834)
- Shavbo Salehi, Jahan Hassan, Ayub Bokani, Sayed Amir Hoseini, and Salil S Kanhere. A QoS-aware, Energy-efficient Trajectory Optimization for UAV Base Stations using Q-Learning. In 2020 19th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), pages 329–330. IEEE, 2020. (PDF) (doi:10.1109/IPSN48710.2020.00-22)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini. A Theoretical Study of the Effect of Molecular Absorption and Re-radiation on Millimeter Wave and Terahertz Wireless Networking.. PhD thesis, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 2017.
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Ming Ding, and Mahbub Hassan. A New Look at MIMO Capacity in the Millimeter Wave. In 2017 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM). IEEE, 2017. (PDF) (doi:10.1109/GLOCOM.2017.8254622)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Ming Ding, and Mahbub Hassan. Massive MIMO Performance Comparison of Beamforming and Multiplexing in the Terahertz Band. In IEEE Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps). IEEE, 2017. (PDF) (doi:10.1109/GLOCOMW.2017.8269042)
- Ayub Bokani, Sayed Amir Hoseini, Mahbub Hassan, and Salil S Kanhere. Implementation and evaluation of adaptive video streaming based on Markov decision process. In 2016 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pages 1–6. IEEE, 2016. (PDF) (doi:10.1109/ICC.2016.7511226)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Azade Fotouhi, Mahbub Hassan, Chun Tung Chou, and Mostafa H Ammar. Efficient and Transparent Use of personal device storage in opportunistic data forwarding. Computer Communications, 73:47 – 55, 2016. (PDF) (doi:10.1016/j.comcom.2015.10.003)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Eisa Zarepour, Mahbub Hassan, and Chun Tung Chou. Analyzing Diurnal Variations of millimeter Wave Channels. In 2016 IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS), pages 377–382. IEEE, 2016. (PDF) (doi:10.1109/INFCOMW.2016.7562105)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini and Ayub Bokani. Video Ferrying: A Low Cost Video Streaming Approach for Cellular Networks. In Proceedings of the ACM CoNEXT workshop on Video: VideoNEXT2014. ACM, 2014. (PDF) (doi:10.1145/2676652.2683464)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, Azade Fotouhi, Mahbub Hassan, Chun Tung Chou, and Mostafa Ammar. A message ferrying approach to low-cost backhaul in cellular networks. In Proceedings of the 9th ACM MobiCom workshop on Challenged networks, pages 25–30, 2014. (PDF) (doi:10.1145/2645672.2645677)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini and M R Ahsraf. Computational complexity comparison of multi-sensor single target data fusion methods by matlab. International Journal of Chaos, Control, Modelling and Simulation (IJCCMS), 2(2), 2013. (PDF) (doi:10.5121/ijccms.2013.2201)
- Sayed Amir Hoseini, S Saed Rezaie, and H Taheri. Improving ertPS Grant Allocation for VoIP Traffic inSilence Duration. International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering, 2(3):446, 2012.
My Teaching Experience
I have been the lecturer of Computer Security (ZEIT2104) at UNSW Canberra for 2 years and also I have been a sessional lecturer at several universities. Here are the most important ones:
- Network Routing and Switching (COMP9332), 2019 T2 at UNSW-Sydney.
- Advanced Network Security (COIT20262), 2019 T2 at CQU-Sydney.
- Networks and Information Security Project (COIT20265), 2020 T1 and T2 at CQU-Sydney.
- Network Design (COIT20264), 2020 T1 at CQU-Sydney
- TCP/IP Principles and Protocols (COIT12206), 2020 T1 at CQU-Sydney
- Networking and Security (ITECH1102), 2018-2020, at Federation University at Sydney.